PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2008, 17:56
Jet22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally i think they should of stook to GO. This would or could of hurt FR at STN but could of also provided a expansion(Slight Exageration). The things they could of done with this type of product is endless expansion up north etc.

As far as aquring one now or buliding one up from stratch is not going to happen. LS isnt selling up and i dont think will do and it is pointless starting new ops from anywhere in the UK as a LCC because most airports now are more full of LCC than full service carriers.

What they should do is revamp the BA CityFlyer into a far better product and maybe expand at LCY but also places such as MAN. A new set of A/C (ERJ170,ERJ175), Better working conditions aswell as pay(here that it is bad here) would not go a miss and this could possible become a good little subsdary for BA.

These days though it seems BA likes to build up a subsdairy into a reliable one, makes money for them then all of a sudden they sell it get the money out of it they wanted and run. They then start up another and carry on doing this.

Imagine if they didnt do this what would they have today:
Go-LCC Airline could of expanded rapidley out of STN, EMA and BRS and probably have some 738s hanging around today
GB Airlines-Holiday subsdairy-Great for those retired people who want to start and finish there holidays in style-Could of expanded the MAN ops into Egypt,Turkey and Portugal
BMED-Dont know if this was actually making something to BA but i reckon they could of bought it out then merged it into BA but kept the fleet on the same rotation etc.
BA CityFlyer-They still have it but actually from reports i see, read and here they just dont give a ST. Imagine if they did this could actually do something for BA.

As far as starting a new LCC up i dont think so. I would reckon more to them concentrating on the LODON ops then anything else make money that they want sell it then start again.