PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF ATC Staffing Levels
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2008, 12:37
C-change

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

To the pilots that have engaged in a positive way, thanks.

Capt. Grumpy, you need an enema. You seem to be so pissed off at the world and all things Military ATC that you are incapable of reading other posts on this thread. I am not attempting to justify the service you receive, just trying to shed some light on why the RAAF are so inexperienced but you don't seem to get it. Other than complain on forums such as these, what have you done to improve the knowledge of the TL ATC's or others ? Have you written to your management, Dept of Defence or your Federal MP ? Have you been over to TL ATC at all? Organised for an ATC famil in a jump seat or is it your intention to pass on your crap attitude to other crew members that you fly and associate with ?
All the other blokes in my company are of the same opinion as myself. I have canvassed the opinions of mates with Virgin and Sunnies and they all agree, Townsville is not good. The other pilot remarked at the time "fcuk, don't these clowns know what a vector is". Fcuking pathetic.
ATC can also quote many examples of Pilot F&%$ ups if thats where you want the thread to go.

If your fishin for a bite, you got me HL & S. This one really pissed me off.
When a few years ago it was announced that TL controllers were going to Iraq to train the controllers at Baghdad airport, this created much mirth at my workplace about the poor bloody Iraqi's. This turned to some dread when we realized that it probably meant the B team was being left in charge at TL.
You are a dead set ******. The people that went OS came from all bases around Aust. and rotated fairly regularly. They did there job whilst being shot at, mortared and putting up with all kinds of crap without complaining. I'm wondering if the DHL 767 that took a SAM to the port wing agrees with you.
Those that stayed at home (tell us how you really feel) kept things going without any change to ERSA hrs, NO CTAF/MBZ or TIBA and did all kinds of extra crap as well as helping out the families of those deployed.
Some of those controllers left the RAAF after Iraq and now work at some of the places you have previously mentioned.

But you wouldn't understand this at your nice little base in cairns ! Coffee perhaps to hot, whingy kid in the back, you poor thing, maybe its the humidity.

I don't like flying with grumpy pissed pilots up front so can you tell us who you fly for, that way, I can utilise Queensland Rail next time I head into TL.