PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2008, 12:58
Boardman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lovelondon

Thanks for your support Lovelondon!

I have been on shift when some of these flights have missed curfew. Angry pax are not good to deal with and my hat is off to the lot of you for putting up with ignorant people at the best of times. I have seen it and personally would have lost it with them! Well done! You must have the partience of angels.

The big point on these overnighters that have missed curfew needs to be made very clear.

The aircraft that have missed curfew that I have been on shift for have missed curew because they were un-airworthy due to failed component and systems that broke due to the ridiculous sytem that hasd been imposed on QF by management. I do not know a single LAME who has physic powers that can make internals of engine fuel pumps disintergrate for example.

The aircraft do not get the care they got from our Heavy Maint guys, parts are being left on longer before being replaced, there are fewer spares so when stuff does break it goes into Hold, etc,etc,etc.........

I have said this before, our PIA is simple acting as a catylist. The guys stop doing O/T and the system fails big time. Throw in a half day off here and there and the sky falls in.

If we did not have the PIA most of these disruptions would have happened anyway and that is a fact that cannot be argued. If an aircraft breaks and is U/S and the clock toll 2300, that is the end of the game. Simple!!

Thanks for the support we have had from all crews, I get pulled up every day by Tech and Cabin Crew for a yarn and we do know you guys are supporting us.

It is our respnsibility to look after the safety of all who fly and that is exactly what we will do regardless of brickwalls put in front of us.

FOD & Co. stick and stones baby!!!!! Stick and stones!

End of rant,

Boardman