PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA BASSA Message - TUPE
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2008, 11:25
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is geting very emotional and is as yet based on rumours which is what this web site is all about. As a Cranebank resident I would recommend after 35 years with BA that you all try to remain calm and let those at Waterworld do what they have to and then we can all see what the options and outcome will be. Not for the first time Virginia has shown us a number of the plans that are expected. I would concur with much of what she has said and there has most certainly been an e-mail to FC with some of those plans included i.e. 757 / 767 a/c to be reduced in numbers asap.

Many of us show a complete ignorance about the industry we work in and that is not exclusive to CC. I find it hard to believe that some of us cannot see the changes that must come in the near future, they will be painful and cost us all monies that we have already spent. Some of us, even many that have only known BA as a PLC seem to think that we are immune to market forces and ignoring what is happening around you will make it go away.

As one post has already made clear our service standard is no better than anyone else on a bad day and sometimes it is even worse. Night flights for many of us are a social as allready remarked on, get the pax bedded down asap.

Sadly had many of us devoted a little more to customer service than to ou own ends we might have been able to weather the next couple of years but it is already much to late so we will have to await our fate. I fear even industrial action will only bring about more loses even sooner and might play into managements hands.