PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jayrow (incl. Pay & Conditions/EBA)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2008, 23:44
papa68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's 'D' time at Jayrow's

Guys,

The next few days should make for very interesting reading on PPRuNe with regards to this particular thread.

I hope that Jayrow management have just been playing silly buggers up to this point and will now re-enter negotiations in good faith. Not knowing the individuals responsible for the management of this second tier operator, but knowing very well some of the pilots there, it should be a fascinating 'battle'.

Jayrow's are now so far behind the conditions being offered by other operators, they need to be realistic. Right now, I estimate their pilots are approximately $50 - $60, 000 behind the likes of BHA and possibly HA (but I have yet to see an actual offer), but then who has left the organisation lately?

I think it'll take the resignation of a couple of their Capt's to get things moving along but I hope I'm wrong. It's in everyones interest for the Jayrow guys to get a good result but trust me when I say, I personally know of a couple of pilots that WILL move on unless the first couple of days in Jul prove satisfactory.

I applaud the solidarity of the pilots in firstly trying to appeal to management's commonsense before just bailing. What a fantastic opportunity for the Jayrow guys to better their conditions. There is so much work out there, that if they don't come to the party, BHA, HA or CHC surely will.

In fact, I recently introduced one of my Jayrow buddies to my PIC in Melbourne and I have no doubt he would be recommended for a position should he resign from Jayrow's. Certainly, I would recommend him in a heart beat.

In this respect, they should be very optimistic about their future prospects. Further, have a look at what is happening around the world - what a great time to be a well qualified pilot with a moderate amount of experience!

I look forward to soon hearing that either Jayrow's are negotiating properly, or alternatively, meeting some more of their pilots as new colleagues of mine.

P68