PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF ATC Staffing Levels
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2008, 11:56
C-change

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Driver, sorry, bit unsure what your arrival was and just trying to clarify, hope I'm not sounding too picky but were you on a VSA tracking via the LLZ, or were you conducting a LLZ approach?

Also its been a while since I worked there but does the 9nm final for VSA and Satco for ILS still happen ? I always thought that for consistency why not track all to Satco. Your thoughts ?

Also, part of the problem with multiple ATC instructions comes from lack of understanding on behalf of ATC's. There is very little, to almost no flying experience amongst ATC and a lot of the Training Officers out there do not understand the work load on arrival or on ILS etc. This unfortuneately gets passed onto trainee's.

Was involved in a very good "love in" as it was called with the F111 crews a few years back at AMB. ATC went to sqn and walked through brief, mission plan, pre flight and watched HUD tape of the sortie. Very informative day esp cockpit workload. Did the reverse and cranked up the ATC Approach sim and let the Knuks vector a sequence with all the internal coord etc.

Great day had by all, pity it can't happen more often.