PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF ATC Staffing Levels
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2008, 08:38
virgindriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3. ILS operational but can't descend below 2000 till 6 DME? Still haven't found that NOTAM – you have this procedure mixed up, the not below A020 till 6 DME is to keep you clear of R768A SFC-A020 H24 (check ERSA) on a visual approache and not to do with the ILS.
Not when you are tracking via the LLZ... I think that was a stuff up by ATC on the day. Even my ex miltiary offsider said so.

2. not giving us more than 3 instructions at once – where is that written down that you are only to issue no more than 3 instructions at once, come on there are two of you up front.
Easy on the ground but not so when on approach in the air. Not written anywhere but up to 3 are the norm before it gets error prone. Any more than that and 2 sets of instructions are the norm. EG you get a star clearance (which you get warning for) and after you have read that back then you typically get "and for sequencing..."

It's different when you are sitting on the ground with pen and paper ready compared to juggling that with a/c operations airborne. I realise TL is probably a training base for ATC and not many there would have actual flight time to see both sides, C152 aside.

Perhaps Grumpy would like to add something else constructive?

Last edited by virgindriver; 27th Jun 2008 at 08:50.