PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2008, 07:27
up2us

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My letter to the ALAEA (suggestion)

Hi all,
Thanks for your tireless work recently. It is really appreciated by the boys/girls I have been talking to.
I have a suggestion, which if you take up, will save me so much frustration. I'm sure my tv will also like the reprieve, as every time Geoff, Kevin etc open their traps my tv is bombarded with whatever is in my hands! I nearly choked when Dixon on the 7.30 Report talked about the 3% wage increase plus the 3-4 % bonus we all received which took our rise to approx 7%. Now 7 % on supposedly 130k I would take but as you well know we haven't had an increase since Jan 06. In fact, I have a 26 month old daughter who hasn't seen her Dad receive a pay rise from Qantas.

My suggestion is... give Qantas warning that every time they deliberately mislead the public we will put the next stoppage on for THAT REASON. We will explain to the public the reason we are off with facts via print/media avenues. Therefore we can put the blame solely on Qantas for these stoppages for misleading the public. This should take some bravado out of them if they know they will be responsible for the stoppage. If they deal with the truth, then there is nothing to worry about, is there?