PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2008, 22:55
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is correct. The proposed extension to T3 in terms of the actual terminal building still needs board approval and will take up to 5 years to be completed fully. Similarly the plans for both Piers in T1 will be on the same time scale. There is no way that the Piers will be completed anytime before that because of the implications of taking out so many stands at once. There is an awful lot of work still to do both on the airfield and within the terminals. Gleno, if the option to bulldoze T1 was available then I'm sure they'd go for it. The checkin hall and car park are in serious need of updating but with all the airside work that's going on right now and scheduled for the future, these projects will be a long way off. Despite all the building work and different levels, nooks and crannies that are associated with T1, it still remains the most popular terminal amongst travellers according to the airport's own customer service surveys. T2 fairs the worse. Anyway here is a rough outline of the proposed schedule of events due to take place over the coming years. These are all terminal based redevelopments, I have no information regarding the apron but I'm sure someone will.

New T2 OBC: Opens July 16th.
T2 airside redevelopment: Due for completion Spring 2009.
T1 airside redevelopment: Due for completion Spring 2009.
New T3 OBC: Fully complete by September 2008.
T3 apron extension: Due for completion Winter 2008/09.
T2 pier extension up to Gate 219: Work due to commence Summer 2009.
T3 terminal extension: Awaiting board approval. Due to be complete by 2013.
T1 pier redevelopments: Awaiting board approval. Time scale 3-5 years.