PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF ATC Staffing Levels
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2008, 04:54
Delay Approved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the risk of this thread drifting even further I think RENURPP is in need of some education regarding the incident reporting system.

<DRIFT>
Military ATC don't submit ASIRs to the ATSB, instead they internally submit an ASOR (Aviation Safety Occurrence Report) which is the equivalent of an AsA ESIR.

In the event of a minor incident consistent with the description of an ATSB category 5 event (like a level bust where there is no confliction with other traffic or loss of separation) there will not be any investigation of the incident by either the Military or ATSB and accordingly there will not be an investigation report. The event will be recorded in the database for statistical purposes only.

In such events you should be informed of the incident at the time on the radio or preferably given the old 'please contact approach on landing', however this unfortunately doesn't always happen particularly if the controller is busy at the time.

I can't comment whether or not the level busts occurred because I don't know, but i can assure you that there would be no ASIR, nor would one be required, there would be no investigation report and you certainly won't find anything on the ATSB website - that doesn't mean that it didn't happen and doesn't mean that they weren't reported.

I apologise for further drifting this thread.
</DRIFT>

Back on topic - I wonder how long it will be before we see another retention benefit being offered. I know I would sign on for another year if I were offered a deal similar to that recently offered to pilots - but I'm not holding my breath.