PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kemble Planning Enquiry
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 22:12
David Roberts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's be quite clear. This campaign against Kemble has been orchestrated by a handful of people including a retired airline pilot (who I believe still likes to be called 'captain......') who chose to buy a house within the Kemble circuit. The vast majority of local residents do not object to the airfield as has been shown in a survey.

I have lived two miles from the threshold of 26 for over 30 years and being a pilot, of course I do not find Kemble a problem. However, I have to say that having fast ex military jets screaming relatively low over the village quite frequently (high speed runs / fly by), and not just on the annual Air Day, is not the best way to endear the airfield and its operators to the local populace.

I understand the Kemble owner whom I know maintained he had the relevant planning confirmation when the airfield was purchased from the MoD, but apparaently there are technical arguments about the training aspect of planning as those against Kemble argue it was only for maintenance and storage.

The whole sorry saga demonstrates how this country, in many respects, has lost the plot since the pinkos took over. It is about time we who know really what makes life tick stood up and were counted against these b....y nimbys, particularly ex ATPLs!.

I hasten to add this is my personal opinion and not (necessarily) one on behalf of the various aviation organisations I am associated with.