PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA/CAN Commuters
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 13:42
teedub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JWS (jump seat withdrawal symptom)

Having come from a previous Amercian carrier (see username) I too experienced the pain of JWS (jumpseat withdrawal syndrome), added to which, several conversations to senior pilots who had tried extensively to initiate a recipricol js policy in the states only to be shot down time and again, drove the final nail in the coffin of "all hope for jseats at cathay".

I spent near to $10K over a year and a half commuting up and down the east coast. Very frustrating etc etc....However!

The Managements post hit the nail on the head! Its ALL about the money!...and at the risk of being slated across these boards consider the position of CX amercian based pilots over amercian based amercian pilots!...Anyone at CX really worried about a furlough?...Or bankrupcy?..sure there are lots of things that are hard to stomach when we comapare CX to US work rules and "culture" but as previous posts mention its a Hong Kong company!!!!!...and in the current US economic climate its not ALL bad to be in that corner!!

I like many of you all would be no where near Hong Kong if 911 and the economic decimation of our industry had not occured. We'd all likely be still at "AA/US/US etc etc" bidding half the month off, commuting first class across the country or up and down, saving thousands on costs each year, flying in a relaxed, "big picture" culture, looking forward to the sim as somewhere to brush up and learn (you get the picture)....

Suppose what I am trying to say is would you REALLY like to give up ALL the benefits at CX for the benefits of JS.....

It is hard to move on from the JS menatality but when faced with the CX response as too why we can't have js

OIC

cheers