PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA SSP - Qualification
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 09:57
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CS Kilo, controversial, but correct!

The 10 points listed by flashdance9 are just an indication of how different some people view this industry.

1) Goodness me. What does that count for when 30,000 bags are piled up in T5?

2) You'll only be flying 1 type at a time. You don't get to choose what you fly when you turn up for work.

3) Virtually every other UK carrier is getting new A/C. As it happens, BA have quite an old fleet. 757-200, 737-400, 767-300. Don't be surprised to be put on an A/C which is 20 years old.

4) Fantastic. London airports have a world wide reputation. Of being the worst on planet earth.

5) You just said that you get 2k deducted for this completely unnecessary piece of training.

6) Going to be controversial here. The 777 was stalled onto the grass. FO just pulled the stick back. What happened to flying Vmd to get the best glide? Oh, and the flaps should probably have been retracted. Would probably have made the runway.... So I hear.

The only person so far who has praised the crew is Willie Walsh. We shall await the report.....

7) All swings and roundabouts. You still earn less than FR for the first few years. Works out at about 20k. The cost of a TR would you believe!

8) You will be in the RHS for about a decade. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Your pay will fall behind accordingly (compared to someone who got command after 5 years with another airline).

9) Nope its £31k. A touch more than FR. Of course, you'll earn more in year 2 with FR....

10) Fairly standard benefits. Staff travel, pension etc.....

I'm not saying they're a bad airline. But, they are just an airline. They pay the same, fly the same etc. Get over the name!

EK