PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG Low Fuel
Thread: 737NG Low Fuel
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 08:46
Flagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Scuse me for joining late here, but there is a lot of 'subjective' discussion here on fuel. Rainbow has told you all that the luxury of padding up the fuel 'just because' is no longer an option, and if you don't like it, well, you will need to think about changing careers as the way oil price is going, this is your future!

We need to know what "I am seeing some pretty low figure in the tech log." means - you need to state airfield, weather, runway availability and weight of your ?737? at landing plus taxy time to define "very low" - otherwise it is meaningless. Remember your company probably do not consider you to be 'very low' until you are at or below reserve if you are allowed to and are committed, and Boeing treat 906kg TOTAL as 'LOW' non-ETOPS.

Let's 'cut to the CHASE', Dogma, what is the lowest you have put in the log on shutdown, assuming, of course, you actually fly? As for 1800kg, that's enough for MAN-LGW, let alone a quick hop westerly MAN to westerly LPL!!! You could do a couple of circuits on arrival at LPL. Are you, perhaps, one of those F/Os who go all white and floppy when they see 2000kg on the gauges, or are you a hairy old Captain who NEVER shuts down "with less than 3000kg"? Have you ANY idea what other airlines like BA are 'putting in the Tech Log' on shutdown at LHR? How does that compare with your "very low". Shutting down with less than 1800kg in tanks is pretty common in my experience. If 1800kg MAN-LPL is bothering you, I think you need to talk to someone?