PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA/CAN Commuters
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 16:37
Tornado Ali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USA/CAN Commuters

Because of CX's luddvillian attitude towards jumpseat privileges, many off us are now faced with spending upwards of 25% of our monthly income on just getting to work. Last week, the only ticket I could get to travel from Florida to LA was over $400....one way. I was able to use a pass getting back home thankfully. With the NA carriers rapidly reducing domestic capacity and quickly raising prices, pretty soon we will not be able to travel to work without it costing us more than we earn. I cannot 'move' from Florida because I am caring for a very ill relative. Most NA pilots benefit from being members of a system called CASS, which allows each others pilots to travel on each others carriers for free. Most of the NA airline managements realise that it is in their best interest to allow their employees to have an economical way of getting to and from work. Just last week, United announced that some of their domestic tickets will now require a 4 day stay. That will start making things even more difficult. When will CX management start to HELP make it's employees lives a bit easier, instead of always making them more difficult. Give reciprocal jumpseat rights to NA carriers, and they will offer the same. There is no excuse. Very soon I won't be able to afford to come to work....