PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 00:36
mingalababya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_T
From what I have read I was under the understanding that we would do the IREX as part off the first two weeks at the training course. Prehaps they are now trying to redure the time frame off the training course?
Looks like they've updated their FAQs on their website. This is what it now says re: MECIR and IREX;

21. If I am selected for the Trainee Program and I do not have a MECIR - will I require a pass in IREX prior to commencing the Trainee Program, if selected?
Yes - You must have achieved a pass in IREX prior to commencing the program. However you can still progress through the Trainee selection process prior to having a MECIR as MECIR will be completed as part of the program.
So, you'll need to have done your IREX before starting the trainee program (if selected).

Originally Posted by Mr_T
Prehaps someone could enlighten me to confirm that the IREX is just a writen exam and does not include having to do the intial MEIR flight test!

Thanks
Confirmed, IREX is "just" the written test.