PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2008, 21:44
Neo_RS14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL Overdrive.

Yep, I've had a go on the 'scope too, may as well state my experience of it.

To be honest, I found it impossible. I'll explain...What happens when you look directly at a light bulb? yes that's right, you immediately get an after image, a blurry type thing in your field of vision...What happens when you look into a scope type device which inside is brightly illuminated, and you are situated in a dark room...hey, that's right...you get an after image. For me, this after image I incurred when looking into the anolaloscope made it impossible for me to give any good responses, as the blur tainted my view of the semi circles...the examiner was actually intrigued enough to invite me back for a re-test whenever I'm next in the area...I hope to take them up on this, but I'm not really looking forward to it, as unlike many other people, i found the test quite pointless, as I found the after image caused by the scope, caused me to give a grossly inaccurate response...as to how this can be the flagship of colour vision testing, I have no clue...doesn't say a lot for the area really, and that's not to discredit the individuals working in this area, I know they're well qualified and experienced individuals...I just find the tests are somewhat inappropriate.