PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK experienced controller recruitment
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2008, 21:00
heretostay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is interesting. Has anybody been offered, or indeed heard of anyone, anywhere, being offered an interview for NSL/Airports? As far as I can find out, everyone has been sent the 'we'll keep your application on file' email. Have NATS gone cold feet on us? (NSL at least - I understand that NERL are interviewing APS-rated ACTOs, and italiancars didn't specify which branch of NATS he/she'd applied to).
This is odd.

I met an old work collegaue for lunch today. Without giving away names or locations: 31 years old, 5 years as ADI, APS, OJTI and for what it’s worth within NATS, a Met Observer currently at a busy non-NATS unit in North West England. This person also applied to the same advert as I did it would seem and he got the same e-mail as I did.

So, Roadrunner Once, you might be onto something here. IIRC there were two NATS adverts at the same time, one was for airports and I am pretty sure the other was for either approach radar and area radar. Ok, fair enough they might be interviewing those who applied for the approach and area advert but what about the airports side of the operation i.e. no radar?