PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A family's KLM passenger offload experience
Old 21st Jun 2008, 12:16
groundbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not to be a rain cloud

I wouldn't want to be a rain cloud, but since I do customer service all day long running a B&B, really I don't see any further progress than that somebody in KLM has written a proper letter at long last rather than cut/paste.

I could guess that somebody has taken 12 minutes rather than 3 minutes to write a letter to you, and put in the phrases that are obviously going to close the case rather than send it round the cycle again. The people working these letters probably have a target of 50/day or somesuch. I woulnd't be at all surprised that the letter writer hasn't done any of the stuff mentioned in the letter.

I can sense your frustration though, because if this happened in the company you work for, then you would drive through all the systemic learning exercises and make sure the lessons are truly learnt and adopted as SOP for the next 50,000 passengers. But faced with a wall of outsourced little bits, none of whom bother to pay attention, what can you do?

A key skill in the 21st century is to learn to get over these things quickly. For an example try calling your bank or phone company, and see how much courteous personalised attention you're going to get! None! if you want TLC go see your local greengrocer or video shop. Anything else, it ain't going to happen. A sad reflection of our times.

In fact this is why I like going to Africa or Israel for my holidays as sunny places seem to be populated by real people that care and can hold a conversation and laugh!

G