PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA BASSA Message - TUPE
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2008, 11:42
Virginia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this the end of the 'bronze' age of flying? (The Golden and Silver age have long gone)

I for one will not be working for £12,000 a year, you could earn more working as a supermarket cashier. No offence to any retail employees but I originally applied to BA seeing it as a good company to work for with decent benefits.

I really think our customers will really suffer who is going to work for a pittance, for an outscourced comapny that isn't British Airways? That in turn will push the airline downwards.

Being really cynical it seems that BA is doomed either way. Will spiralling oil prices and 'green' taxes be the cause of it going bust? Is this the end of aviation industry as we know it? We also have the fact the HM Tax Office is trying to claim more tax off us!

On the other hand HZ123 gives us some more positive news and I keep hearing that the price of oil will stabilise and fall, renewable energy sources will improve, OPEC will increase production, the economy will pick up again (thus is the nature of economies) etc etc etc And this lastest rumour may just be one of many of BA's back up plans. It is not unknown for companies to 'leak' such info on purpose to test the waters...

Who knows what will happen!