PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US crews need schengen visas?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2008, 06:41
NuName

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I guess I need to put my 2p worth in. The US is on a continuous path to increase their perceived security, we cant blame them for that. However, if the rules are unbalanced they have to be addressed. This is clearly the case as I know of several Americans who are based in Europe flying the "N" and do not have work permits or residence. I do not have any specific problem with this, I have worked all over the world, but if no one brings these things to the attention of the European authorities we are never going to enjoy a reciprocal regulatory environment in aviation. The US government will only respond to their own taxpayers complaining to them, if they respond to anyone that is. If our American cousins see Europe tightening up in a similar manner to the US, and they suffer in the same way, maybe we can see some mutual progress. Getting recurrent done and dealing with the TSA, not to mention getting a new visa (now you cannot do it by post) is going to get worse, maybe 411A works for the Fed's? (no, they could not have any use for such a moron) We have to urge our respective European governments for reciprocity and not accept our jobs being taken by non Europeans whilst we are not able to do the same. The laws are in place, we have to make sure they are observed.