PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF Delays/Serviceabilities - Add entries here
Old 20th Jun 2008, 01:38
Konehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is CASA?

Seen at Sydney Domestic Terminal yesterday: 4 CASA guys doing an audit, followed around attentively by a QS & RM mort. Taking names of LAMEs expressing concerns to the CASA inspectors?
I heard he CASA guys were interested to hear LAME input on B743 domestic ops. I also heard they're now in receipt of some interesting and incriminating techlog coupons.
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but if your mother/father/wife/etc rang you from home and said they were having a heart attack, you wouldn't drop everything and rush home?

Qfguy, further to that, how would you feel if we bowed to management pressure and got those planes out on time but unsafely? What if you and your family were on that aircraft?
We're all suffering. I''m working my ring out on a 12 hour nightshift, contrary to management's own fatigue management policy (hey wait a minute! Note to self - maybe I should go on that company-approved go-slow). I'm also hurting because I cant get any leave. I'm tired and worn out from working so hard (as opposed to "going slow"). I have to take sick leave to get a decent break, which means I lose shift penalties.
I used to work a bit of O/T here and there. I miss the gravy. I also miss the pay-rise from managements' failure to invest in me in the form of training, which also reduces my efficiency as an employee. I'm also hurting when I see that I received only 18.1% (compounded) pay-rise in 10 years vs a community standard of 37% and inflation of 34% in the same period, a period of prosperity and wage growth not seen in this country in 60 years, not only in the local aviation industry but the Aussie economy as a whole.

Last edited by Konehead; 20th Jun 2008 at 04:09.