PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US crews need schengen visas?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2008, 20:56
FlyTCI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good first post on pprune g4pilot.. Welcome aboard..

As one of these "eurotrash" living in the US I can fully understand you not being proud of your homeland at the moment. Every time I hear the phrase "the greatest country in the world" I laugh hysterically. 99% of those saying this have probably never left the US borders. Whenever I'm outside of the US and people ask me where I'm from (my foreign accent is hard to detect) I always say I live in the US, BUT I'm from "inserting my home country" only to avoid any kind of bashing. This especially when in arabic countries.

The truth is that the PEOPLE of the US are mostly a great people to be around, it's their leaders who are at fault giving hem a bad rep. Yes the people elected the prick, but they have finally woken up and smelled the roses and it can only go up from here. In the past whatever came out of DC was always considered to be the truth, now it's finally OK to question things.

There are great things on both sides of the pond and I take the best from both worlds as much as I can. I believe we will all benefit from the US losing this reputation they have picked up during the last few years.

Btw, g4flyer, if you frequent any of the US aviation forums you will know me as "flyzimex or swedespeed".

flytci