PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX cadet: just received "THE EMAIL"
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2008, 09:53
VinnieC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for encouraging words. holdmetight, you are always helpful here and yr information had certainly helped me before.

I think I have a bigger problem at hand. After rethinking and rethinking about what I said in the interview, I think I gave some information that is conflicting and maybe seen as lying. (The rejection email implied that I dont meet their requirement. Honesty is certainly one of the requirements)

First, I was asked if I am looking for other jobs now. I honestly am not looking for other jobs now as I want to focus this month or so on CPP. I totally forgot that I submitted an application to CX for another position in Feb (this application was just to those "see what happens" type of application). I completely forgot abt that.

THEN (YES - I WAS THAT STUPID) I was asked when did I quit my job. That's what I said "When I am in HK, i phoned them about a week ago". THIS was actually for my payroll arrangement because the payroll is delayed for 2 weeks. The fact is that I told my manager in April that I was going to leave and arranged May 23 to be the last day. I gave my manager plenty of time to hire and to train a new person for the busy summer season (I worked with CX cargo in van). I have good relationship with all the managers and coworkers. I performed well during my work. I have zero reason to lie about anything.

I emailed CX telling them that I gave some conflicting information and I am willing to clarify and to submit proofs (reference from employers, instructors, cx employees that I worked with, etc).

I hope they'd consider this or at least remove me from the bad book so I will have a chance when i reapply.

Wish me good luck. If I screw up because of this, this would be the stupidest things that I've done in my life. And for all of you that will be going to interviews, learn from my STUPID MISTAKES.