PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF Delays/Serviceabilities - Add entries here
Old 19th Jun 2008, 00:22
kotoyebe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not all of us work in ports where we have the luxury of just packing up and going home. There is no one to hand over to in our port. We are it. So telling me to not put in the hours is just not possible.
As i have said, i support the Engineers, just saying that each day is getting increasing difficult and very tiring.
qfguy,

I really appreciate where you are coming from. And your support and understanding is surely appreciated by the engineers.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but if your mother/father/wife/etc rang you from home and said they were having a heart attack, you wouldn't drop everything and rush home?

I don't know what you do at your port, and I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, but what better way to show that things are not running in an acceptable manner, than to leave a plane on the ground overnight, and pax without any help other than calling reservations. Hey, at times it has seemed like that was in the Jetstar operations manual!

As they say, nobody is indespensible, including di*kson. Don't think you are. They will use you.