PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JMC excellent pay and conditions
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2001, 21:39
Psr777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

PHEW Hell of a topic.

It seems obvious that the najority of responses are detrimental to JMC. However, those of you that seem to have an axe to grind are basing your opinions on previous airline experience.

Unfortunately through takeovers and mergers, Airworld, Flying Colours and Caledonian Airways are now under the guise of the extremely non descript "JMC Airlines".

Through no fault of our own have we were all been introduced to a new system, progress is progress after all. I wonder though if all that anger is not so much directed at each other as to the marketing agency who decided upon such an appalling name and the management team who agreed it!

At the end of the day change is inevitable and we all get on with the job at hand and deliver the service because we all have pride in what we do. The problem arises when we don't feel valued for the services we provide and the extra miles we go. That, as the cabin crew managers are quick to point out then becomes a performance issue. Something they do not seem to realise is that we constantly appraise them on their standards as they do us.

Anyone who is not happy with the way they are treated, level of pay, working conditions etc has a choice...... to stay or to go, unfortunately for JMC the majority are opting to go.....leaving inexperienced staff to cope with demanding and difficult situations which are not being handled well.

I am not condoning the practices of JMC, but i do think that while everyone continues to go that extra mile for a company that simply expects it from ALL its employees, things will never improve.

What we should be doing is focusing on the facts that JMC is JMC, it is not part Airworld, FCL & CKT. Frustratiing as that may seem, whilst we fight amongst ourselves, the company has no reason to change any of its policies and practices and indeed it wont have to!

[ 09 July 2001: Message edited by: Psr777 ]