PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JMC excellent pay and conditions
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2001, 17:29
Wino
Union Goon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More obnoxious stupidity obviously by non line people for the the line people after Airworld became FCL:

They did away with the wheeled bags for the F/A's but did nothing to reduce the weight of the poor ladies manuals and required items. I picked up that huge leather purse that they issued them instead of the wheels. It weighed more than my kit bag!

Several people had back injuries from that brilliant move.

It was defended as a way of keeping the girls from buying beer and carrying it on their trolley. Instead of treating them like adults and saying, don't carry beer on the outside of your bags, they did away with a necesary piece of equiptment.

It was just spite, we ground people can't get goodies overseas, so we will take them from the flight staff to make it fair.

I bet the Engineers are still missing my "beer runs" to spain...

Cheers,
Wino

PS. Beardy, as to an operation being too large to depend on the knowledge of individuals. That is just more arrogant tripe. ANY organization is made up of a group of individuals, and the strengths of each and everyone of them are the "institutional knowledge" that provide strength to an operation. FCL pissed away 8 years of airbus institutional knowledge. JMC somewhat corrected that but not nearly enough.

It is the duty of managment to recognize and reward talented line people like the Roger Greys, not just the people that play board room politics well. By your statement, management should just hire monkeys, they are too large to need good people.

[ 09 July 2001: Message edited by: Wino ]