PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF Delays/Serviceabilities - Add entries here
Old 18th Jun 2008, 08:47
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Do you think he flies on his days off?
Actually, many 767 drivers actually do at the moment- and they're making a killing by doing it. You can now do a stand by (5:30 pay) for double time instead- 11:00 pay for a 12 hour standby. Want extra flying? If you offer them nothing you've got it. Tell them you'll do it for double credits and you're still a shot. Tell them you want double credits and then the double pay at the end of the roster for being over projected and they may baulk initially.....until you're the last person available.

Don't get me wrong, majority of 767 crew are supportive of the LAME PIA however they're not stopping from cleaning up due to the inadequate establishment numbers on the 767 at the moment.

Personally I think the ALAEA has painted themselves into a corner even if I do support both their right and desire for PIA. Geoff wants to protect his headline 3% rate for all sorts of reasons. There was the ability to 'give' him that and still get an effective 5% increase.