PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF Delays/Serviceabilities - Add entries here
Old 18th Jun 2008, 07:46
kotoyebe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a groundstaff point of view these delays are getting really tiresome.

Angry pax, everything off schedule, we are working long hours to fix the problems...

I wish this would hurry up and and get fixed. We can't put up with this for much longer. It is draining us.
qfguy,

Well, don't fix the problems then. No one is forcing you to stay back after your alotted shift. Refuse the overtime...you know, you have to go to the doctors blah, blah, etc. Leave the mess to the managers to sort out.

As one of the people dealing with the mess everyday, albeit not face to face with the pax, I see this as management causing these problems, not the engineers. I haven't been staying back. It's stressful enough for the 8 hours I'm there.

If on the other hand, you are enjoying the extra dollars from OT, to me this just proves how we have ALL been done over by di*kson for years now, and are relying on OT.

Also, this has been going on well before the engineers have started their PIA. The coalface has been cut to the bone, and then into the bone, and we are all trying to do the impossible with crap facilities, crap aircraft, crap systems, and not enough staff. You can't even get customers called out when flights are cancelled, becaused there aren't any staff.

Like I said, this has been happening well before PIA. For example, I don't know why PER domestic haven't all walked out months ago and gone on stress leave from all the sh*t that has happened there. It can't be good for their health.

Last edited by kotoyebe; 18th Jun 2008 at 07:53. Reason: added more