PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tempelhof - advice needed
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 18:13
echobeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We flew from UK VFR last month and came in from the west. It was difficult getting the VFR approach info but ATC were very welcoming. We talked to Bremen Info til near potsdam and then Tempelhof. The VFR route in we used was along the Teltow canal via Whiskey 1 and Whiskey 2 reporting points. These are very easy to identify VFR and the canal easy to follow in. This took us straight into a downwind join for 27L. We then had a follow me bus and someone who drove us to the terminal. Very helpful.

I couldnt find coordinates for the VRP but they are actually easy to find from the air and W2 is a set of towers that you see easily as you go up the canal.

I cant remember where we got the chart from. I think it was sent as part of the fly in. A friend helped with Jeppeson plates for the airfield.

I dont know where you usually fly but I found this less stressful an experience than many smaller airfields I have flown into. There is nothing like flying over Berlin, joining for this airfield and following in the path of all those DC3s from the airlift.