PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on my path please??
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 11:54
belleh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Australia, last time I checked, their SOL (Skilled Occupation List), being a FI was on there but only valid if you find an employer willing to sponsor you (as opposed to direct entry, find a job later.) If emmigrating to Australia, Canada, etc is something you're serious about, you might want your 'Plan B' career to be something that's recognised as a skilled professional job in either country, then you'd be more likely to get permenant residancy (and later citizenship) on the back of that.

Also, last time I checked (please research this yourself and don't take my word as gospel), learning French to a fluent standard (reading, writing, speaking & listening) will add 10 extra points to your Canadian application. So perhaps it's worth biting the bullet and learning French (either night school or Rosetta Stone software) if you don't speak it already, those 10 extra points may swing it your way!

Finally, I'd just mention (and here's something I am getting out of my depth with, so definite research required) that to fly commercially in Australia, you need to do some kind of CASA conversion from JAA, and some kind of extra air law exams. No doubt others will be able to shed more light in that area.