PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 11:39
Overdrive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You would have to check with the NZ CAA regs, can't say I know for sure if/how they vary from the UK, but...

I doubt general optometrists would send records of results anywhere of their own volition, why would they? The CAA will want things done in their own way, which would mean Ishihara testing by an Aviation Medical Examiner or other approved facility (as part of a medical or separately). If this is failed, then lantern or other tests are done as required by level of licence sought, once only (almost certainly at CAA medical HQ). The result from this stands throughout your career. For this reason, arm yourself fully and thoroughly before undertaking any officially recorded testing. Read this long and comprehensive thread through too.

I wouldn't tell the CAA about anything that's occured in your testing so far, it's irrelevant to their process, but I would go online to their website for the details and info. If you have to speak to them by phone, just ask for the help you need in a general way, no personal details required...