PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 10:21
tarmac-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys..Sorry to jump right into the middle of a pritty interesting session going on here, however I myself have been noted CVD over here in New Zealand.. However I know myself I am only just colour blind, seeing as I can read 12-13 isihara plates no worries from the 15 they test. I think now that I have found the online plates, I can see where I've gone wrong

My question;

I have been to 2 different optomerists, both only just ruling me out. Now , do they generally hold onto your eye record, or foward this to the CAA, bearing in mind that I have not done a full medical as yet, just the Medical eye test and have not given them any doctors contact details etc.

Secondly, how often will I need to get this Colour Vision test done, seeing as I am keen to go get yet another test, and get the peice of paper I need.

Thanky-you

**edit**

Oh and also, do you think it is wise to call the CAA, give them my details, request if they have received any details from my "doctor" which I havnt seen obviously, or the optomitrist, and will they give this information out to me without to much of a drama...... Im really wanting to give this whole flying career a good shot, so need to get this stuff sorted first seeing as it could also be the end.

....continue