PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We can do FI, Afghanistan and Iraq - 11sqn
Old 17th Jun 2008, 04:16
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude,

Couldn't agree more. My angle is simply that those that want to knock the system or it's operators can do so but will achieve nothing. At the same time it's proponents might want to throttle back on the sales pitch until it has actually deployed.

I can remember various presentations by either RAF or Bae whilst at Uni and later during FT etc and always got the impression that the A-A would have primacy and the A-G side would 'sort of sort itself out'. Just the impression i got, probably harsh or invalid.

Either way you are absolutely right, we need more OS and more pods at the moment. Then again other posters are correct in saying that we'll need the fox 3 shooter at some point.

Me? I don't believe it's rubbish, don't believe it's flawed as a concept, and if it's on QRA it can clearly hack it A-A. However I won't believe it works A-Mud until it drops a real bomb on the opposition. (Deliberately etc) (Or - for the purists/ doctrine geeks - it delivers a non-kinetic (boring) effect in theatre) When it does i shall be the first to offer the chaps a beer.