PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and NATS strike:ugh:
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2008, 16:15
Loxley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a serious note, after years of developing working methods where NATS has obviously been accommodating Ryanair by optimising their flights into and out of Stansted for example, and quite considerably so, I think it borders on shameful if any ATCO here is inciting an unofficial work to rule against Ryanair without notifying that airline officially in writing well in advance.

Surely no-one is suggesting unofficial action?
Just playing devil's advocate here (well sort of! ), I'm not sure where anyone on this thread is suggesting 'unofficial action' or 'work-to-rule'. What's 'work-to-rule' about allowing an aircraft to stay on a route that its company has filed on its flight plan?

I don't want to be in the middle of any real Ryanair low fuel situation exacerbated by some lightning ad-hoc implemented ATCO work-to-rule thanks very much ...
If an airline doesn't carry enough fuel to fly a route according to the flightplan that they filed, then that tells us a lot about that airline! Or are you suggesting, that like on the ground with the product they offer, Ryanair rely on cutting corners in the air as well.......?