PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2008, 20:57
65thunderbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been with Qantas for over 35 years and have never seen this company so mismanaged in my time here.These so called managers have no idea how to look after there workforce that is why there is no loyalty left,even high up in the ranks.
And as for the new ops managers,what a poor chose,sorry should re phrase that,the guys they hand picked should fit nicely into Mr M's heram.
By the way from my position the company is really hurting,the deferals have blown out and the MEL's have reached crisis point.
The company is holding crisi meetings at least three times a day to see what they can plan next.

To the Fed Sec,my pesonal advise would be to stay on our existing rosters,no overtime,recall all secondments,no higher duties.

If we do the above this company will be on its knees in no time.Don't worry as ther knees are trembling fast already, just waiting for them to collapse.

Also suggest we do not go out on 4 hour stoppages but correpond to the members via email.This way the company cannot bring in outside labour.

As for the fuel crisis,how can this company justify the amount of positioning flights we are doing (no pax on board) to try and keep the scheds on track due to not enough serviceable aircraft.The last one was sending an aircraft to Lax empty due to the A check being carried out up there.I am sure the media would like to get a hold of this.