PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2008, 20:17
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the comments from Jet2 lovers above, this is becoming personal...

Maybe it's my English....I try to use big words, fancy words, latest buzz words, business terms, etc, but as English is not my first languauge perhaps I try a bit too hard....So simple English...

I have just looked at the Jet2 site again....

The price is not the issue - even the ' all-in ' price on most days is less than I used to pay 20 years ago, so no whining about that...And having actually been in the aviation industry for almost 30 years as pilot, then manager and now part-owner, I think I understand enough about booking early for cheap fares, etc, etc, etc, etc....And also about ' wow, come look at this price ' advertising tactics, etc, etc, etc, etc....And ' f*ck me look at the price of this and what are we going to do now ' sessions to drum up yet another idea to increase revenue....

So...

Can I or can I not travel on Jet2 from Manchester to Nice for the prices stated next to the the tick box on Jet2's web site as follows -

June 26 - £ 59.99
June 27 - £ 89.99
June 28 - £ 24.99

Irrespective of whether I have checked-in baggage, pre-book a seat, order a gin and tonic, etc, etc....

NO I CANNOT !!!!

The minimum prices, no baggage, no insurance, no pre-booked seat, etc, are

June 26 - the minimum price is £ 92.76 plus £5.99 booking fee
June 27 - the minimum price is £122.76 plus £ 5.99 booking fee
June 28 - the minimum price is £ 57.76 plus £ 5.99 booking fee.

As the price to be paid now includes a cannot be avoided, 100% obligatory, positively / definitely / has to be paid / fixed price tax, then why is this not included in the opening price.....And an unavoidable fuel surcharge that I cannot deselect from the additional costs so why is this not included in the opening price.... And a booking fee which I have to pay because Jet2 don't actually have sales offices in France ( do they have them in the UK ? ) that I can wander into and pay in cash, so why is this not included in the opening price ....

So....I'll ask again.....

Can I or can I not travel on Jet2 from Manchester to Nice for the prices which they have stated next to the the tick box on their website as follows -

June 26 - £ 59.99
June 27 - £ 89.99
June 28 - £ 24.99

I think you'll agree that the answer is no....

Isn't there something in UK or European law about false, misrepresentative and/or irresponsible advertising ?

Jesus C, at our operation we actually spend almost as much money on meeting regulatory requirements than we spend on fuel, so where are the regulators now ?

These people should be prosecuted for stating / offering unobtainable fares that cannot be purchased - fact !

So, who do I complain to,....