PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2008, 15:16
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320...

Do you work for these tricksters, perhaps ? And why the praise that Jet2's website is better than Monarch ? I've never even tried Monarch's website, but if it really is more misleading, then to me that's just like saying Jet2's sh*t doesn't semll quite as badly as Monarch's....

And as for your study of website design and functionality, well done. It's perhaps people like yourself who design / prepare the sites knowing what can and cannot be done from a legal perspective....Perhaps a little bit like lawyers who make a fortune through their ability to have cases against obvious criminals dismissed on technical grounds....Nothing personal meant there, just giving my own cynical view of your defense of the legality of Jet2's website and their marketing style....

However....Quite simply, when I go shopping ( even in the UK at somewhere like Tesco or a clothes shop like M&S ) in almost every case the price displayed is the price I will be charged.

Either when choosing the products I have selected to buy, or when I get to the paydesk, I don't need to have someone from the retailer keep informing me what the price has now increased to because the original price displayed didn't include the VAT, the cost of a plastic bag to take the goods home in, etc..... In other words, either while I'm buying or at the paydesk, they don't start adding the VAT...They don't say that the price displayed was actually decided three weeks / months ago and since then the cost of rent / utilities / property taxes / etc have increased and the price today is actually 25% higher than displayed in store when I selected it....They don't start adding a ' purchasing fee ' for selecting the goods / size I want rather than randomly giving me ones that are available....They don't charge me for using one of their shopping trolleys....And they don't charge me another 20% of the original price if I choose to pay by Credit Card...

Please give me one single example ( other than supposed low-fare airlines, of course ) when you, personally, have had to pay almost 3 times more than the originally stated price when completing a purchase.....

In this case, you are asked to select a flight ( click on it as you say ) and the price of the flight quite clearly states ( alongside where you have to click ) £29.99....Not " From £ 29.99 " but £ 29.99...No ifs, no buts, no froms....You must know it would actually be illegal for these people to sell me an airticket without the appropriate taxes, as with any other VAT rated, duty rated, alcohol or cigarette tax rated - there you go, are cigarettes priced at £ 1.00 per packet when you see them displayed behind the counter but you have the pay £ 5 to complete the transaction because WH Smith are being used as unofficial tax collectors by the UK govenment ?

And no....I'm not whining ( as you put it ) about the fJet2 fare. It's about the same price as I have now paid with BA ( by the way, on the BA and AF websites, the first and last price you see is the price you'll pay for the flight selected ) and which is still considerably less than the same flights used to cost me almost 20 years ago....

In this case and too many other cases with airlines ( Brussels Airlines are just as bad if you try their website ) it's about the deceit and lies, and just because people are now able to fly to new destinations from their local airports, or major hubs for that matter, does that make it OK ?

As you say, I don't HAVE to book with Jet2...Never have before, didn't do this time, and probably never will in the future....

Now - anybody help with a number / contact at the OFT, please ?