PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We can do FI, Afghanistan and Iraq - 11sqn
Old 13th Jun 2008, 13:31
Like-minded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha. Ha. From my operational experience, there are a lot of problems with this mindless nipple tooting.

>>"It has been an outstanding success. The aircraft loved the hot and dry conditions. It achieved a 99.3 per cent strike rate at Davis Monthan, which means we achieved 99.3 per cent serviceability. We only lost two sorties, one due to high wind (which apparently can't be stopped by any Ginger no matter how much I stamped my feet) when no-one flew, and the other to a technical failure - again, unprecedented in my knowledge and experience (normally I will fly anything and have instructed my drones to do the same. Push Push Push...... I want to play Station Commander soon)."

Hot and dry are the *best* conditions for the EF, it's no wonder that it has high availability rate. But was the exercise carried out in wartime conditions (limited crew etc) or was it merely a validation exercise of weapons? Why should anyone boast about availability rates during weapns validation? Was there OPFOR?

Outrageous statement decanting all good sense from the second best air force in the world.