PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2008, 11:13
A320fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just looked at booking a ticket MAN-NCE which was stated on Page 1 at £29.99
It says FROM £29.99, that no way refers to you particular flight, it says that you CAN get a ticket from £29.99 not that you WILL get one for £29.99 on your chosen date.

Well, the government also says that you have to pay taxes when you buy an airticket, so why does Jet2 pretend you don't ?
When you select the flight times it clearly states in the box on the left "Running total all passengers" which breaks down as follws: Base Fare: £XXXX Taxes: £XXXX Running Total: £XXXX

Under the "Running Total" (a total that is continually changing to account for added items - Websters New Millenium Dictionary) it clearly states:

"Excludes variable payment card fee and fuel supplement which will be added later in the booking process"

Page 4 invites you to select your seat - which varies between £3.99 and £12.50.....Humm...Haven't I just booked my seat on Page 1 for £ 29.99 or £ 57.49 depending on your interpretation of the actual cost of the ticket....

You dont have to select your exact seats just press continue to check in as normal without s specific locaed seat.

Pure price comparison for the same dates in February 09:

LBA-ALC-LBA Jet2 £104.36 (fare, tax, crdit card charge, 1 hold bag)
DSA-ALC-DSA Ryanair £147.56 (fare, tax, credit card charge, 1 hold bag)
MAN-ALC-MAN Monarch £128.14 )fare, tax, credit card charge, 1 hold bag)

At the end of the day i would fly with Jet2, it is cheaper and LBA is more convenient for me, I am not a first timer for Jet2's website but from someone who has studied ecommerce and transactional websites for the last 3 years, they are ALL perfectly legal so calling the OFT will have no effect as they are perfectly suitable as despite what people say you ARE told the running total at various stages of the booking and you are given a full price breakdown before you input any of your card details. From someone with a professional qualification in ecommerce Jet2's website is far easier to use then Monarchs website, and is better composed and have a extremely effective use of multimedia.

I have no idea why someone would pay shed loads more to fly with BA/AF just because they had to click a few more tabs, buttons and option buttons is beyond me, and at the end of the day im sure your 'mouse will have just a bigger pounding' at the BA website.

At the end of the day why are people ranting on and on and on about Jet2's prices, you dont HAVE to book with Jet2, you CAN use a different airline so why bother WHINING??? As I have said before complain all you like about having to pay these "ridiculous" prices but 10 years ago... BLK, LBA, MME, MAN ... whatever airport you would not have been able to fly to the wealth of destinations that you can for affordable prices FROM YOUR LOCAL AIRPORT! Before you all jump down my throat £104 for a return flight to Spain is a god dam good fare!

Booked an AGP-BLK return for mid July using their flexible on dates/cheap fare finder, earlier this week.

Return fare €79.98...........charges and taxes €90.86....Total €170.84.

....and that's hand baggage only.
- Mid July - Peak Season
- Jet2 have a monoploy at BLK so can charge what they like
- £141 for a return flight to Spain in peak summer time to obviously your preferred LOCAL airport ... complain all you like!!!