PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2008, 04:45
jocko2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whaledriver,

I don't know if I am misreading your statement but the downgraded Captains are not currently getting paid as Captains. The company paid them for awhile and then decided to stop. I understand that this misery and hardship endured by some Polar guys might be enjoyed by some people, however, I think both groups need to be on the same page with this one. It seems to me that they should get paid for what they deserve. If this happened at Atlas I would feel the same way. I guess though at Polar we don't get profit sharing so we wouldn't take it as personal when the company is forced to pay what it promised. Everyone is screwing everyone and the worker bees are really the only ones who lose. It is amazing that 3 or 4 executives can manipulate 6-7 hundred pilots who think they are smarter than everone. I sometimes feel like we are all in some pow camp surrounded by 3 guards but too weak to stand together and fight. I guess the problem with that senario is that some people are fooled into thinking that the guards are looking out for them. Anyway, time to go with one last thought. Sometimes I get the feeling that certain people who post on this board really like to take the company position. That is scary. Remember why you have a union in the first place, the company cannot be trusted to act in your best interest.