PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2008, 12:40
up2us

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
attn FedSec.

I overheard a brother today saying he cant understand how Dixon keeps saying that if he gives us the 2% extra it will cost the company 360 mill in the 3rd year. FedSec can you run the numbers as Dixon has said this last week as well. I know there is 1600 Lames and our increase May have a follow effect to some other unions in their EBA claims,however I'm sure as hell a lot of Qantas 33000 employee's are salaried staff, contract staff even executive staff who bargain their own rises which is probably more than 5% & have nothing to do with our claim. For Dixon to say this,he is implying if some sections receive 5% all will. I wish he would be that fair to all employee's with regard to the percentages he gives execs!. So please fedsec clear this up with the media,Even better get the media to challenge his rants.I would love to hear his response to this. I am sure @ some point the big insto's will tell him to pull his head in if they knew the real figures and how little it would cost to give the Lames 'the extra 2 %'.
On a brighter note GD's wife unfortunately left for the states 1 1/2 hrs late yesterday