PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2008, 05:51
Bolty McBolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mel applied, yes I am in the minority; on this thread, but tell me why I would bother calling anybody on the exec when they show such a gross dis-respect for others. Call me a troll or act like little kids and put your fingers in your ears "nah, nah, nah" but the facts speak louder than words or actions. Try and justify your actions as much as you like, once the customer leaves they don't come back. Less flights, less need for employees. I am not saying this will happen what I am saying is the way a minority are acting on this thread to destroy their employer, and in fact their income, whether it is good or bad, is incomprehensable.
incoomprehensable = incomprehensible

Cpiom

While you stand alone with your opinion on this thread, which I respect, the tone of your blatherings seem to reflect that the Industrial Action currently under way will bring the LAMEs undone when the company takes its gloves off and we feel its full force of its retribution or retaliation. As you say, WE HAD your support.

I for one agree this could be the result but I do NOT agree it is because of the PIA. PIA may be a catalyst but not the cause!
If the company want to smash us, it is something they (QF) were going to do anyway. If the company do it now, it will be under the media spot light and give us a few cards to play that we would not have if it were done the slow and nasty way e.g. H245 closure. Secondly this PIA is proving to be a learning ground to many what can be achieved if we stand together, this will prove to be invaluable tool if ACS is to be segmented, sold off or out sourced. As I doubt you could sell the ACS business to even "romulous" with current tone of resentment toward the ACS management whom are loud-mouthed, air-headed, self-regarding bunch of bozos. This is very much reflected in the current floor staff to management relationship in the seething resentment towards the 3rd floor characters every time they open their mouth.
Ask your self, If ACS is to have a new owner, that owner would not need anyone above the DMM and would definitely want its own people to develop its own style and management relationship or repour. It may not be such a bad thing as I am over this current devil I know.

I am sure many members of the ALAEA have reflected on this possible outcome (many of whom do not post on prune) and realise that if we agree to the rubbish offered by the company now, we will go backwards forever in this current form and if the above also happens we need to be on the front foot to negotiate the best future and T & Cs possible.
Your Doom and Gloom or one door closing another opening depends how you look at it.
Bring it on