PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US ATCs call for ADS-B Moratorium
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2008, 02:06
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
Spodman, I don’t know why you have to go into a personal attack. I have in no way implied that the NATCA boss is supporting my claims in relation to the “spoofing” on radar screens of ADS-B.

If you look at my post I simply mentioned my short campaign which was on this issue and seemed to stop Airservices in their tracks. If it wasn’t this campaign, what stopped them?

In other articles it is clear that the FAA has concerns in relation to spoofing, and that is why they are looking at a combined ADS-B/multi-lateration system.

How can I be trying to mislead people by posting links to the two articles? It is almost as if you don’t want viewers of this website being informed so they can make their own rational decisions.

As I have said before, I am a strong supporter of ADS-B, but not for Australia to go it alone with an invented system – then claiming that some of the advantages (such as ADS-B “in”) are included when the costing is only done for ADS-B “out.”

Spodman, can you advise why we have had almost complete silence from Airservices in the last 6 months in relation to the low level ADS-B system. What is actually happening? Presumably all of the deadlines have now past, so I can’t quite see how the proposed subsidised system can meet the dates that were originally claimed.

By the way, do you have a vested interest in the Airservices proposal going ahead? If so, what is it?