PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Expats in India beyond July 2010
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2008, 09:40
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Members of a distinguished (disguised??)Industry!

I am stunned by the tone that is used in this thread! I had two options in 1996: Stay in my Country and flying for sick outfits after my Airline went down the drain and owed me more then 3 month´s salary or going somewhere else where I was welcomed to fill a gap and fly a plane. I did not expact that they fall in love with me instantly. "We" found common ground in the cockpit and during the layover times, my Co-workers educated me about the History of the Country and we went along well. Some of them are still exchanging E-Mails with me after 11 Years. Later I went to the North and had a Year theire. Nice People, we did not see us as a Competition, we added to each other, where flying planes, making jokes and had a good time. Then another Culture shock in Far East. Knew it would be diffucult but it worked and the Airline would not fly anymore without Expats at all. Some of the F/O´s I was flying there are now Chief-Pilots and in key positions within the structure of that outfit. I was not in love with them and they where not in love with me but we did our job and flew Airplanes 24/7. Politics where heavily around there but all Expats tried to avoid it as much as possible. The Locals could do what they want, we are there to fill a Gap and without Foreign workers the whole country would not develop as quick as it would be required. There are Asians working in USA and Europe why? because they are needed, simple. Why are Indians working all over the World? Because there is a Job that needs to be done and whoever is applying for it get´s it. Today it is a Indian...if he decides to leave who is filling his position? who knows. As a Company you have a slot, seat, position or anything to fill to keep the business going and make profit.

The tone used here freigthens me, seriously. I thought I am tolerant enough and respect Humans as they are, no matter of Race or Colour. What I am learning here is in some parts disgusting for me, between the lines I read so much of hate. We discussing here the future of people and the fate of the Families who´s Moneymaker(mostly the Father) is facing the question: How can I put food on the family table beyond 2010, how can I provide shelter to my Family by keeping the House and the Home?. Planning now the Exit from India and looking somewhere else. Back at home ? maybe... Makes that a Indian happy, please feel free to do so but we are all in the same Boat more or less. By the way I have no Wife and no Children to feed but many other people have and I share my thought´s towards them. My Co-Workers are coming from all Continents and I care about them, White, Black, Yellow and Indians. I would be a happy Man if you go out on the Street in Callicut or Chennai and help the people on the Street to reduce the daily struggle. Care to give them a helping hand and look at the poorest of the poor. Take the only half of the effort you use here to accuse and they would thank you and the World, India belongs to it as well, would be a better place. Jealousy would be reduced and a filled stomach at the end of the day would give some peace and a good night sleep to the ones in need. If some of you would really dare care for them with the same enthusiasm then you battle here then some of you could earn my respect, as I saight in the beginning I am shocked by the tone used here............

Fly safe and land happy

NG