PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Very Low Fuel Landing
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2008, 17:24
Ashling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Studi

Thanks for the figures, my company gives us something similar I just didn't have it to hand.

My mob have about 150 shorthaul aircraft which fly between 6-8 sectors each a day. Profits last year were in the order of £200 mil. Given that on many occasions you will have to carry extra fuel I would guess the saveings we cold put down to takeing just CFP fuel are in the order of 2-3 mil so still around 1% of profits. I do rather disagree that this is insignificant particulary in an operation were margins are tight and as fuel costs increase the saveings will get bigger.

Maybe we could all volentarily (before we're forced to) give up 1% of our salaries to help out in these hard times. It is after all peanuts!

Finman I agree with you that there is often huge waste by management etc Other than voiceing your disquiet there is nothing you can do to directly affect that. You do however have control over how much fuel you carry and how you operate your aircraft both of which have a direct impact on the companies bottom line. Its a touch childish to say just because in my view they are not doing their job properly I won't make an effort either. Of course if you cannot trust your companies flight planning that is a different matter.