PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAA - May Employment
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2008, 12:23
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW - totally agree.

As I said earlier, you get qualified, then you take the best/first offer to come along. To discount one of the worlds most profitable airlines with one of the newest fleets before you have even started your groundschool is either snobbery, naievity or both.

Out of interest, there is a very strange contradiction that eminates from some in the integrated camp. heli_port, perhaps you could explain this:

You are quite happy to spend (at the very least) an extra £30,000 on an integrated course compared to modular. Presumably because their 'contacts' can get you a job with London Airways or some such nonsense.

Yet, you find the idea of spending £21,000 on a type rating utterly immoral and detrimental to the industry.

Surely, what you find wrong with the extra £21,000 is also just as applicable to the £30,000 that you wasted?

I'm sure there is a plausible explaination.

To me, the only difference is that you actually get somthing for the money when you buy a type rating.

The fact is, if you go modular and then FR, you are still finacially streets ahead of an integrated student who is bonded to a 'legacy' carrier (which has only happened 11 times this year).

EK