PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 14:55
Boardman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Hey, I would love to see the response if VR was offered. Even if we did get what are asking for I think the response would be massive.

The big danger here is these guys up top are messing around with an Industry that relies on the passing on of knowledge.

At the entry level the word is out that QF is a deadend. Kids need a career with a future more than ever.

At the top end the majority of LAME's are close to retiring age. Ten years will see lots of us out.

What happens if the "middle career" guys look at getting out through frustation and work out that there is a world outside QF?

The chain is breaking!! Very dangerous!

If the "Trolls" out there don't think it can happen, look back at the '80's.
I know a lot of you guys weren't around then, but those who were fill your buddies in please. One the gates open it is very hard to stem the flow.

Last time imports fixed the problem after a lot of time and cash was spent to get them here and train them.

World wide there is a shortage. It is a real concern and if Management does not consider this side of it, well it is irresponsible.

As a good friend of mine who travels for work constantly said to me.
"Let me know when it is time to stop flying."

Very scary stuff people. Don't undervalue what you have, it too late once it is gone.