PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 13:53
Boardman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the update Stephen.

We did tell our new "mangement team" that their "New World" would cause big problems and these problems would rattle around the system. These guys through the baby out with the bathwater.

We had a system that worked. True, some adjustments were needed. Problem was these guys refused to listen to people with years of experience. I had my new manager with 2 weeks exposure to Line Maintenance bsically tell me a did not know my job! I am a 30 plus Line LAME for God's sake! However, as a collective we did as we were asked for good or bad.

Mistake #1, ignore good advice. This is the reason that we now have aircraft missing on time departure, breaking and missing curfew, etc. Basic mechanical failures brought on by this system.

We are asked to make radical changes to save money which we did as above. We actually saved more money than we were targeted to do. Unreal! I actually had satisfaction from helping to do that. I then thought, OK now to adjust the system and fix the obvious problems. QF makes a ton of money, all good!

Oh boy! Next thing, sorry boys you've been bent over and no repayment for helping us out. Sure, we are paid to do a job. So what about the clowns above us! You guys grabbed your cash, we are only asking to keep up with the cost of living. Not a big ask.

Funny thing is, if we do have a real work to rule (which I can tell you is not anywhere near full swing at present) as per QF and BMM Procedures to the letter and completely legally the airline will really know it is in a punch up!

Most of the crap at present is QF copping it's Karmic Deby.

God IS an Engineer!!

PAF or whoever you call yourself wake up! There is a bulldozer coming!