PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Four Donk Plane with two out
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2008, 06:19
stilton

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Your point is extremely valid and well made Old Fella, regardless of how much fuel is saved or brake wear improved, use of idle reverse is, in my opinion, negative training , operators may unconsciously be setting up a situation where these habits may lead pilots to not avail themselves of full reverse thrust capability when needed.

As to 411a, very few crewmembers other than himself of course ever measure
up to his 'standards' you are correct in your statement that in the cockpit, whilst the Captain is always in charge you are a vital member of the team.
His threads always relect a theme of 'but for the Captain all would have been lost' he has a total lack of respect for other crewmembers, very much a 'one man band' and I pity the people who have to work with him.

I am fortunate enough to fly with some of the best First officers in the business, as part of my brief though, I always mention, and emphasise, we ALL make mistakes, what is important is for one of us to catch it, point it out (always with tact if time allows) and correct it.

Later, when I do make one of my mistakes! I make a deliberate point of thanking him /her for pointing it out, this really sets the tone and lets them know I 'practice what I preach'

It is always a pleasure to hear from professionals such as yourselves with such valuable experience.